I didn't send a Christmas letter and I don't keep a traditional journal. I decided to use this blog to record my thoughts on this year. I don't want to forget why I don't want to re-live this year but am so grateful for it.
Here is a list of things I have done this year. I have done these only because I got out of my comfort zone and moved to a place I was determined not to like but ended up really enjoying.
1.) I have been to a Rodeo
2.) I have seen Brad Paisley up close and Personal
3.) I have learned to check my own oil
4,) I can take my own car to the shop
5.) I can stay up as late as I want and
6.) I can also pay the consequences of staying up late
7.) I can drive in a city without killing myself
8.) I own my own furniture and TV
9.) I can realize the importance of my family and miss them
10.) I have sat on a tractor
11.) I have gone swimming on Christmas
12.) I now know what home for the holidays means
13.) I have lived completely by myself
14.) I can live with a roommate and still be friends
15.) I can play Wii with my family members in other states
16.) I have been thru a Hurricane
17.) I have seen snow one day and been in 80 degree weather the very next day
18.) I have been to the Alamo
19.) I have been to Austin City Limits-Music Festival
20.) I have feed a cow
21.) I have gone to more then one Schlitterbaun
22.) I have have eaten black-eyed peas
23.) I have have eaten catfish
24.) I have eaten craw fish
25.) I have a boss I get along with
26.) I like my job (most of the time)
27.) I have sang "deep in the heart of Texas" at a baseball game
28.) I know the words to the Yellow Rose of Texas
29.) I have meet the most amazing people in the entire world
30.) I am starting to feel like a TEXAN!
(aaahh, that means I love myself, my state and am proud of everything. :) )

4 comments:
Wow, the time has gone so fast. How many years do you need to stay in Texas? My boys miss you so much. Okay, I miss you too :)Don't get to comfortable.
Britton wants to know if you are a farmer, and I'd like to know what a schlitter-whatever-it-is is. You are so brave! Go to Texas Terri!
Ditto Jeri and Beth,
Don't get too comfortable and what's a schlitter-bottom?
It's great to "grow up" when you move away. It's also nice to be surrounded by family and friends. I thought you were only going to be in Texas for a year? Obviously, I'm wrong. What are your plans?
Bridget
Schlitterbauhn is the best waterpark in the world.
Post a Comment