The past nine months have been crazy. I think everyone in my office thinks I have way to many vacation days.
I also did my normal shopping for all things tropical. I stocked up on flip flops and got a custom swimsuit. Not bad for a few days in the Sun.
The next grand adve
nture was Disneyland with my sister Cheri and family. By the way I absolutely love Disneyland. Every time I go I start counting down to when I can go back. This was my nieces and nephews first time there. I loved being able to share a place that I love with them. In fact the pathetic person that I am cried during the fireworks show when I had my nephew and niece each holding my hand and watching in awe of the show.
nture was Disneyland with my sister Cheri and family. By the way I absolutely love Disneyland. Every time I go I start counting down to when I can go back. This was my nieces and nephews first time there. I loved being able to share a place that I love with them. In fact the pathetic person that I am cried during the fireworks show when I had my nephew and niece each holding my hand and watching in awe of the show.This trip was also extra special because thanks to the Allstate corporate membership I was allowed to go to Club 33. Club 33 is a special restaurant in Disneyland designed by Walt Disney to entertain dignitaries. In order to go in you must be a club member. The current waiting list is around 14years and membership is ridiculously expense. We had a fantastic time. The buffet included crab legs and lobster tail and that was just the appetizer course. After stuffing my self with all of the fantastic appetizers I still managed to eat and entire steak. Which by the way was the best I have ever eaten. You could cut it with a butter knife. My niece Dansil was equally impressed by the culinary amazingness of it.
A week after Disneyland my mom came to visit me in Houston with Jeanette Allen. They toured Houston while I attempted to p
ut in a few days of work before taking off again. That Friday night after work we took off on a road trip of the south. We stopped in New Orleans, Birmingham, Atlanta, Charleston, Savannah and Montgomery all in about a weeks period of time. There are so many memorable sights and foods that we ate there is no way I can fit it all in this blog.
ut in a few days of work before taking off again. That Friday night after work we took off on a road trip of the south. We stopped in New Orleans, Birmingham, Atlanta, Charleston, Savannah and Montgomery all in about a weeks period of time. There are so many memorable sights and foods that we ate there is no way I can fit it all in this blog.To the left is a picture of us at Oak Alley. This is the plantation I chose to see. Reasoning behind my choice, it was on Ace of Cakes. If its worth Duffs time to build it, it must be fantastic.
I managed to put a few months of work in prior to heading back to Washington to visit the family and attend Scott's Wedding reception. Unfortunately this trip is memorable for an entirely different reason then being fun though
I did have a lot of that. On my last day in Washington I managed to dislocate my shoulder and cut open my knee. My family had to put me on a plane all boo booed up.
I did have a lot of that. On my last day in Washington I managed to dislocate my shoulder and cut open my knee. My family had to put me on a plane all boo booed up. Fortunately for my co-workers I am out of vacation days. In fact to get this Wednesday off for a check up on my shoulder I had to work on a Saturday. :(
What the next great adventure will be, who knows. Currently I am trying to move back to the Northwest. I miss my family and even if they beat me up as noted above I still love them.

2 comments:
Good to hear from you! Yeah, it does sound like you've been around this year. Best wishes in your job hunt.
Post a Comment